R. Reid LeBeau
Our lawyers have comprehensive experience in all facets of the gaming industry—with special emphasis on Indian gaming. We have negotiated tribal-state compacts and financing agreements and navigated the regulatory labyrinth of tribal, federal, and state agencies. Often, our gaming practice intersects with other practice specialties. We have:
- Negotiated tribal-state compacts and amendments;
- Drafted financing, operating, and construction contracts for casino projects;
- Drafted and implemented tribal gaming ordinances and regulations;
- Assisted tribes with requests for “Indian land” opinions under the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act;
- Helped tribes acquire lands eligible for gaming;
- Advised tribes on applicable tax exemptions;
- Counseled tribal gaming regulators on licensing and enforcement actions; and
- Litigated gaming-related contract disputes in tribal, federal, and state courts as well as before mediation and arbitration panels.
We regularly monitor and advise clients on developments and trends in the gaming industry such as state negotiations, revenue sharing, the scope and definition of Class II and III gaming, internet gaming, sports betting, and trust land acquisition and use.